A family run domiciliary care agency
Our intention has never been to provide a service to the masses but instead provide a more tailored approach to care that is person centred whilst retaining a family feel.
We feel it’s important to foster an atmosphere of care and support, which both enables and encourages our service users to live as full, interesting and independent lifestyle as possible, with the scope and duration of our service provision being kept to a minimum, in line with an agreed plan of care.
Everyone who works in the office has provided care at some point in their career. This allows the management to be accountable and understanding of what great care entails. It also allows management to be empathetic and appreciative towards staff in the community as we know firsthand what a difficult and demanding job care can be at times.
Most of the management are family members and those who aren’t are still considered as family. We all have a vested interest in how the company treats its staff and looks after its service users therefore you tend to get a more personal touch which in turn offers long-term stability, trust, loyalty and shared values. All this equates to a better standard of care and happy and content service users.
All of our care staff will have received training for the following areas:
- Food Hygiene
- Health & Safety
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Infection Control
We also encourage and provide training for the following:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pressure areas
- Sensory & Loss
- Bereavement & Loss
- Mental health
- 1998 Founded by Christina Durbin
- 2001 Registered to provide care services with the CSSIW
- 2003 Five years in business
- 2008 Ten years in Business
- 2008 Maria Durbin took up a full time post as a Care Manager having previously worked as a Care Worker in a part time capacity whilst completing her University degree. Maria’s new role saw her improve upon standards by focusing on care plans, supervisions and staff training.
- 2011 Gareth Durbin became a full time member of staff having been worked for the company on an ad hoc basis since 1998. Gareth took up the roll of Office Manager we the view to expand the business.
- 2011 Laura Jones was employed as a Supervisor
- 2011 Incorporated as CGMD Ltd T/A Cymru Care Services
- 2012 Moved to an office in Old Cwmbran
- 2012 Danielle Lewis employed as Care Coordinator. Danielle had many years of care experience having worked as a Care Worker, Team Leader and a Care Coordinator. Danielle’s main task was to initially restructure the rotas and to support Christina as the company expanded.
- 2013 Fifteen years in business